In current time it is very important to buy a Delhi metro card to easily travel in Delhi metro and not just for locals also for travellers too. It will make your journey in Delhi metro very smooth and you must take benefits of a completely automatic fare collection system. Anyone can buy Delhi metro card at any Customer Care Centers present at metro stations. Delhi Metro provides two types of this smart cards: travel smart card for locals and tourist smart card for travellers. It is more convenient and economical to buy Delhi metro smart card than token for each single journey.
Delhi Metro Tourist Card – for short duration of time
This kind of card is very suitable for travellers because they can take Delhi Metro for unlimited trips on all metro lines within the valid time period. However, the Airport express line is not included in this, so you have to buy the metro token separately if you use airport line in your journey.
Two Types of Tourist Cards:
- Tourist Card for 1-Day, it will cost you Rs 200/-
- Tourist Card for 3-Day, it will cost you Rs 500/-
Note*: When you return your smart card to Delhi Metro Customer Center, you will get Rs 50 refund.
How to Use Delhi Metro Tourist Card:
First you need to enter metro station after security check you need to swipe your tourist card at the entrance gate to open it for the metro station platform. Swipe your card at the exit gate, travelling cost will automatically deduct the balance from your card.
Delhi Metro Smart Card Purchase from:
This smart card is readily available to buy at any metro station’s ticket counter or customer service centre. The minimum amount that must be paid at the time of purchase is Rs 150, which includes a Rs 50 deposit that is refunded when you return the card.
- Customer Care Centre
- Smart Card vending machine
- For Rs. 150/- (Rs. 50/-Security Deposit plus Rs. 100/- Add value)
How to Refund Delhi Metro Card:
Card balance plus security deposit for the smart card of Delhi Metro is refundable but it will charge you Rs.5 regardless of whether the card is intact or not damaged. If your smart card is undamaged and clean, then the balance and deposit will be refunded after 4 working days from the time of submitting the application. Keeping your card receipt safely is the most important thing. When you will go to take refund, you have to provide it.
Delhi Metro Travel Card – For Daily or frequent commuters, or tourists stay for a long time
The Delhi Metro Smart Travel Card is valid for the following ten years from the moment of purchase or, subsequently, from the date of the last top-up. This smart card is readily available to buy at any metro station’s ticket counter or customer service centre. The minimum amount that must be paid at the time of purchase is Rs 150, which includes a Rs 50 deposit that is refunded when you return the card.
Discounts provided when using the Travel Card:
Users of the Delhi Metro Card receive a 10% discount. Passengers will be rewarded with an additional 10% discount if they travel the metro during off-peak hours. Passengers therefore can take advantage of a total 20% discount during certain hours.
How to Use Delhi Metro Travel Card:
This Smart Card can be used similarly to the Delhi Metro Tourist Card. To purchase a ticket, walk up to the counter, then swipe your card at the metro station’s entrance or exit.
- Where to Get the New Delhi Metro Travel Card Recharged:
- Customer service centre: All metro stations only accept cash for card top up.
- Token Vending Machines: These are present at many stations and require a minimum recharge of Rs 100.
- Point of Sale: In a few stations, customers must reload using a credit or debit card from any bank.
- Online: Log in to www.dmrcsmartcard.com and proceed with the top-up procedures.
- SMS: The Add Value Machines in most metro stations allow customers with ICICI accounts to top up cards through SMS. Visit www.dmrcsmartcard.com to see the stations that are accessible.
- Auto Top up: DMRC-ICICI Bank Combo Card users at some stations can top up their cards via the automatic fare collection entry gates. When the balance on the Delhi Metro Card falls below Rs. 100, a Rs. 200 auto-recharge will occur.
Benefits of Delhi Metro Smart Card:
- Save time
- Avoid standing in queue
- Freedom of choice of originating and destination station.
- Minimum discount of 10% on every journey.
- Used in DTC, Cluster & Metro feeder buses